On January 30, 2008 at 14 o'clock a meeting was held in the conference hall of the MOI's All-Russia Research Institute located at: Moscow, Pogorelsky pereulok, 6/8. The primary purpose was summarizing the work of the institute in 2007.
The first deputy Minister of Interior of the Russian Federation, colonel general of militia A.A. Chekalin, heads of the MOI's departments, the managing and average staff of the All-Russia Research Institute.
Opening the session, A.A.Chekalin addressed the prioritized aspects of work of the law enforcement bodies as follows: reconstruction and development of the State system of preventive measures against offences and crimes, better quality of detection of grave and extremely grave crimes, undermining the economic basis of organized crime activity and the financial base of terrorism and youth extremism, perfection of the struggle against corruption, development of prejudicial legal procedures.
The solution of these problems depends not only on professional and personal qualities of employees, but also on the scientific and methodical support of their activity, introduction of high-end technologies, use of modern forms and approaches.
Therefore, the main objective of the departmental research as a whole and in particular, of the MOI's All-Russia Research Institute as the leading scientific institution, has been and remains perfection of scientific base for the main directions of providing maintenance to law enforcement bodies, introduction of positive experience, modern and progressive techniques.
The heads supervising the basic directions of the MOI's All-Russia Research Institute's activity, reported about the results of the scientific work in 2007 and addressed, in particular:
1. The prospects of studying the public opinion about the safety of citizens within the law enforcement bodies's activity.
2. Personnel training at the MOI's All-Russia Research Institute.
3. Measures which ensure increase of efficiency of logistic and financial support divisions of the MOI's All-Russia Research Institute.
4. Issues of personnel management and the educational work at the MOI's All-Russia Research Institute.
The Head of the MOI's All-Russia Research Institute, major general of militia S.I. Girco summed up the results of the MOI's All-Russia Research Institute's work in 2007 and set the tasks to be fulfilled in 2008 among which the following was addressed specifically:
1. Further quality improvement of scientific output, primarily by way of activity enhancement at the branch offices of the MOI's All-Russia Research Institute in terms of scientific and methodical support of law enforcement bodies.
2. Priority handling of scientific issues of reconstruction of the State system of preventive measures against offences and crimes, theoretical study of public safety issues, suppression of terrorism and youth extremism, development of a faster method of prejudicial preparation of materials as part of the measures aimed at enhancement of criminal procedure pursued by law enforcement bodies etc.
3. Expert support of the legislative activity of committees and commissions of the RF State Duma.
4. Implementation of the program "MOI's Uniform information and telecommunications system of law enforcement bodies" through the MOI's All-Russia Research Institute.